- Trailer for Our New Video Series: Conversations About Masjid Leadership
- Conversations About Masjid Leadership: Role of the Masjid
- Conversations About Masjid Leadership: Finding the Right Imam
We are pleased to launch this new video series addressing issues of Masjid leadership. The intent behind this series is to provide a frank discussion about issues of concern to our communities. Problems such as leadership, board politics, and youth involvement are not unique to any one Masjid.
Our Muslim community first faced a crisis of survival – when the first wave of immigrants rose to the challenge and established institutions such as Masjids, community centers, and Islamic schools. The new crisis we face is one of relevancy. Our communities are struggling to take the next step to make sure our community infrastructure is ready to meet the demands of the coming generation.
It is with this in mind that we are launching this important series of interviews with Shaykh AbdulNasir Jangda. We hope to cover more topics and also involve other speakers as well.
Our first video is entitled, ‘Role of the Masjid’.
This video covers a number of issues, among them:
- What is the true role and purpose of the masjid? (Refer to this MuslimSI article on an organization’s true purpose)
- How does a community balance competing objectives with limited resources? Specifically, how to balance between the demands of Islamic schools, Sunday schools, and Friday prayer.
- How to make women’s prayer space?
- What is most pressing when embarking on a new masjid project?
Enjoy the first video below. The next video will cover how to find the right imam.