- New Series: The Ultimate Guide to Logistics For Islamic Organizations
- Logistics: Setting Up Your Website Hosting and Domain
This is something we’ve been working on for a while and are excited to announce – MuslimSI’s Ultimate Guide to Logistics for Islamic Organizations. In true MSI fashion, we’re going to be going all out, into all the nuts and bolts and practical details that are often hard to find elsewhere. We’re going to focus a lot on organizing logistics for Islamic events such as classes and seminars.
Here’s what we’re going to cover-
1) Creating an online presence – Website set up, design, collecting donations
2) Communication – How to keep in touch with your community including social media presence and managing a community email newsletter. We’ll be going into detail on how to properly set up your Facebook page and leverage it for maximum effectiveness – something that rarely any Islamic organization does correctly.
3) Formats for hosting Islamic classes and seminars – Once a week? One weekend? Two weekends? A month? Every other week? One time events?
4) Finding the right topics, and finding the right speakers.
5) Picking your audience (not everything can be a “youth program”)
6) Essential components of an effective class
7) Logistical considerations – handouts, venue, registration [paid and unpaid], food, seating, babysitting
8) Geek – mic set up, audio/visual, recording, and uploading of content
9) What else would you like to see covered? Leave a comment and we’ll do our best to include it.